Saturday, April 25, 2020

Fudgy Brownies (Pg 765) and Hummus (Pg 52)


I have been really uninterested in following recipes lately. Anytime I cook something for this I've been hastily measuring and rushing through to get it over with. I'm also over my weekly routine. Signing into my computer by 8am, mixing gross cans of pet food with water for Steven and Clouds, letting Clouds out, walking Steven, answering phone calls with questions I can't answer, uploading documents blah blah blah. We've been working in the yard a ton which has been really nice, but also tiring. I've also become addicted to this computer game called PUBG, a first person shooter. I'm really bad at it which makes it much more fun! Jesus christ I put a random movie on to to watch while I write this it is the absolute worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Serena. Think it came out a few years ago. Do Not Watch.

Last night we decided to have Paul and Abigail over for a social distanced bonfire. I wanted to throw together some snacks so chose these two relatively easy recipes. Oh, I'm also super tired of doing dishes. Check this out:



The brownies were easy to make. I just had one problem which was that you needed to dissolve the sugars in the butter and chocolate. It never really happened, or I wasn't patient enough. I was using organic sugar which has larger crystals than normal Dominos, so maybe that would have helped. Thought it wouldn't matter but I would say that the grains had a noticeable bite once the brownies were done. I plan to make them again and will try to dissolve better. This movie is so bad but I can't stop. Serena is winning the boys over, she imported an eagle and trained it to hunt all the deadly rattlesnakes. 


The brownies were really good and definitely fudgy. We ate them with vanilla ice cream. If you haven't gotten Tillamook yet you need to. 


The hummus was hummus, everybody loved it. 


Paul brought over wood scraps to burn from his furniture shop. Was difficult for me to do, really beautiful walnut and oak pieces. He says he has trouble offloading it. 



We had fun on the patio. Still need to finish our drainage system. 



Brownies 5/5 stars
Hummus 5/5 



1 comment:

  1. Will you make me a coffee table out of oak scraps?

    ReplyDelete