Monday, May 4, 2020

Chocolate Pound Cake (Pg. 727)

This pound cake certainly calls for a pound of ingredients. Sean had bought extra eggs this week intending to make pickled eggs. No offense to him but I was skeptical that project would come to fruition so I was looking for some recipes that used lots of eggs. This pound cake in particular calls for 8 eggs! ...as well as three sticks of butter and a cup of sour cream. I had to improvise on chocolate because I didn't have the two types of cocoa powder it called for or a full 8oz of bakers.



You know things are getting real when the recipe starts by mixing a chocolate butter to grease your cake pan with. Not sure how necessary that was but I did it.  


The process is not complicated at all. Mostly mixing everything together gradually with a hand mixer.



The batter was starting to look like mousse and there was a lot of it. Luckily it fit in my pan and luckily this isn't a cake that rises much. I put a sheet pan on the lower rack just in case. 



This cake was better the next day. It tasted almost under baked last night, but firmed up nicely by the morning. 

Sean: has decided to rebel against the start rating system
Beth: 5 stars, needs coffee or whipped cream





1 comment:

  1. That looks to die for. Pretty much looks like baked fudge. But the real question is, what did Steven think of it?

    ReplyDelete